Wednesday, July 25, 2018

What do you value more - Time or what the time can give you?

As I do, I went to a nail salon recently. And asked for my usual. The girl who was servicing me was sincere and very good (which I shall realize later). I wanted my nails to be filed round - usually they ask if you want it shaped square or round. She filed one and showed me and argued that’s what was round. I couldn’t be bothered. I wanted it neat and easy. And then she went on to paint them taking her time perfecting it. Let me tell you it was beautiful to watch. No, not the nails or the color or the technique. It was her attentiveness and drive to do it right and to her best - I don’t even suppose it had anything to do with me :). But as it were, I had to finish and be somewhere so I was getting impatient. At one point I wanted to scream ‘I don’t want it to be perfect - just do a decent job and let me go!’
And then I stopped and knew I surprised myself in saying so. 

Where I earn my bread, I recall it being referred to as QTC - Quality Time Cost. Everyone wants the best at the cheapest cost ASAP (As soon as Possible).
We so often spend time looking for quality in everything, especially when we spend our hard earned money but when you get given it in some form you are stumped - for you discover an annoying fact about yourself - you value your time more than the steadfastness of what that time has to offer! Maybe its got something to do with mortality and the limited 'time' we all have got on this earth?

No comments: