Monday, July 23, 2018

Restlessness is the mother of my words

My fingers have felt numb from wanting to pen it down
My head has been exploding from holding thoughts unto my own

I went through last few years neither living nor loving
For my eyes weren't seeing or looking

While the sky seemed bluer while i rose above
The bottom felt harder when I spiraled down

I created life but just about missed it within me
There may be words to explain what it all meant 

But to me I was alive and well
Always springing forward not knowing the nature of a spring was to snap back

Everything was a resting cane that made sure i never got my balance
Lucky for me I could see it before I reached the edge

Now, all i want is for things to be simple
And the joy to be from within

And the only way i know to get there is by this
My words found their way back in restlessness 
For that I thank what has been and move to what could be

No comments: